← 医療政策ウォッチャー 記事一覧

コンゴ民主共和国で過去最大のエボラ流行、世界初のブンディブギョ種ワクチン治験が始動

引用元:https://news.un.org/en/story/2026/08/1168072

引用元: https://news.un.org/en/story/2026/08/1168072


コンゴ民主共和国において、エボラ出血熱のブンディブギョ種による過去最大規模のアウトブレイクが広がっています。

世界保健機関(WHO)は、世界初となるこの特定の種に対するワクチンの臨床試験が開始されたことを発表しました。

現時点では、この種に対して安全性と有効性が証明されたワクチンや治療法は確立されていません。

そのため、事態の打開に向けた迅速な開発に大きな期待が寄せられています。

治験の結果が出るまでには数ヶ月を要する見込みですが、治療法の向上に向けた取り組みは着実に前進している状況です。

Results may be months away, but efforts are advancing towards enhanced treatment and the world’s first vaccine for the Bundibugyo species of Ebola,the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday as deaths and cases rise in the largest ever outbreak on record in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).

(New Ebola vaccine trial launches as outbreak spreads in DR Congo)

主要な論点・合意事項

1.被害の現状と迅速な治験の開始

今回のエボラ出血熱のアウトブレイクは、コンゴ民主共和国において記録上最大の規模となっています。

WHOの発表によりますと、8月1日の時点で症例数は3,748件に達しました。

このうち、すでに1,657人の死亡が確認されており、回復した人は708人にとどまるという厳しい状況です。

これまでのアウトブレイクと比較して、今回は5月中旬に宣言が出される前に治験のプロトコルがすでに作成されていました。

そのため、過去の事例と比べて非常に迅速に臨床試験を開始することが可能となりました。

しかしながら、現時点ではブンディブギョ種に対して安全で効果的と証明された治療法や予防法、ワクチンの選択肢は存在していません。

3,748 cases, including 1,657 deaths and 708 recoveries, as of 1 August, according to WHO

Compared to previousEbolaoutbreaks, trials started more quickly this time as protocols had been written before the current one was declared in DRC in mid-May, said Vasee Moorthy, acting lead ofWHO’sR&D Blueprint, a global platform for research and development collaboration to respond to epidemics and pandemics.

Despite ongoing efforts, there are still no proven safe and efficacious treatment, preventive or vaccination options for the Bundibugyo species of the Ebola virus, Dr. Moorthy told reporters in Geneva.

(New Ebola vaccine trial launches as outbreak spreads in DR Congo)

2.イギリスとカナダでのワクチン治験と新たな治療薬試験

世界初となるブンディブギョ種に特化した候補ワクチンの治験が、イギリスとカナダで開始されています。

イギリスでの治験は7月24日にフェーズ1に入り、カナダでも今週中に2つ目の治験が始まる予定です。

これらの初期段階の治験はフェレットとサルを対象に実施されており、その結果をWHOが分析した上で次のフェーズに進むかが決定されます。

また、被害の激しいイトゥリ州では、確定した高リスク接触者を対象とした経口予防薬の臨床試験も進められています。

この試験にはすでに25人以上の患者が登録されており、10日間の経口薬投与によって発症を防げるかを評価しています。

同時に、別のエボラ株を標的とした承認済みワクチン「Ervebo」の動物実験からも新たなデータが得られています。

While Ebola vaccines exist, trials for the first ever Bundibugyo species-specific candidate vaccine began in the UK on 24 July, with a second starting in Canada this week

Both trials are being conducted on ferrets and monkeys, after which results would be analysed by WHO before deciding on whether to move to the subsequent phase.

Led by the DRC’s National Institute for Biomedical Research with an international consortium of research and outbreak-response partners,the trial has enrolled over 25 patients to evaluate whether an oral medicine given for 10 days to confirmed high risk contacts could prevent onset of disease.

(New Ebola vaccine trial launches as outbreak spreads in DR Congo)

3.国連機関による多角的な支援体制の構築

国連の各機関は、現地での感染拡大を防ぐために多角的な支援体制を敷いています。

国境付近に設置されたモバイルラボでは、約1時間でエボラ出血熱の検査結果を提供できるようになりました。

これにより、診断の大幅な遅れが解消され、9万4,000人以上の人々に対して命を救う診断技術が身近に届けられています。

さらに、国連児童基金(UNICEF)は影響を受けた家族の子供たちのために保育所を運営しています。

平和維持部隊であるMONUSCOは、民間人の保護や地域社会への情報キャンペーンを行い、医療施設周辺の警備を強化して医療チームを支援しています。

また、国連人道問題調整事務所(OCHA)は、対応と備えのために最大6,000万ドルの資金を放出することを決定しました。

At the DRC-Uganda border,amobile labsupported by WHO and the World Food Programme (WFP) delivers Ebola test results in around one hour, cutting delays and bringing lifesaving diagnostics closer to more than 94,000 people

The UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF)operatesnurseriesfor youngsters of Ebola-affected families

UN aid coordination officeOCHAis releasing up to $60 million to support response and preparedness effortsin DRC and neighboring countries through the UN’s Global Emergency Fund,CERF

(New Ebola vaccine trial launches as outbreak spreads in DR Congo)

結び

現在進められている各種の臨床試験から、明確な結論が得られるまでには数ヶ月かかると見られています。

被害の中心地であるイトゥリ州では、これまでに3つの検査サイトが開設されており、今週後半には4つ目のサイトが開設される予定です。

WHOは治験への参加者を増やすため、安全な監視体制を維持しながらチームとサイトの拡充を急いでいます。

世界初のワクチンや予防薬の実用化に向けて、今後の治験の進捗と現地の感染状況を注視していく必要があります。

However, it would likely still be several months before more definite conclusions could be drawn from the ongoing trials, he said.

Since the outbreak was declared, three testing sites have opened in Ituri province and a fourth is set to open later this week where patients can enrol in trials and be monitored in safe conditions to see if the medicines are effective, Dr. Moorthy said.

(New Ebola vaccine trial launches as outbreak spreads in DR Congo)


← 記事一覧へ