【エボラ出血熱】コンゴ民主共和国で過去最速の感染拡大、国連機関が警告する現状と課題
コンゴ民主共和国の東部において、これまでにない速さでエボラ出血熱が感染拡大しています。
世界保健機関(WHO)などの国連機関は、この事態に対して強い危機感を表明しました。
今回の感染流行は、住民の日常生活に多大な不安とリスクをもたらしています。
まずは、現地からの最新の報告をもとに、その概要をお伝えいたします。
Ebola has been spreading at unprecedented speed in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), bringing risk and fear into people’s daily lives, UN humanitarians said on Tuesday.
(Ebola in DR Congo: first month of outbreak sees record number of cases)
第一の論点は、ウイルスの極めて速い感染拡大スピードと、それに伴う被害の規模です。
5月15日に流行が宣言されてから、わずか1ヶ月ほどの間で、確認された症例数は1,048件に達しました。
このうち、すでに267人の死亡が確認されています。
これは、アフリカにおけるエボラ出血熱の発生初期の1ヶ月間としては、過去最多の症例数となります。
さらに、死亡者が250人に達するまでの期間は、わずか37日間でした。
過去の流行と比較すると、2014年から2016年の西アフリカでの流行時は250人に達するまで78日間、2018年から2019年の流行時は130日間かかっていました。
今回の流行が、いかに急速に進んでいるかが数字からも明らかです。
Dr Abdirahman Mahamud, Director, Health Emergency Alert and Response Operations at the World Health Organization (WHO), who returned last week from one month in the DRC, said that as of Monday, there are 1,048 confirmed cases reported, of which 267 deaths.
“This is the largest number of confirmed cases in the first month of anEboladisease outbreak in Africa,” he said.
During the current outbreak due to the Bundibugyo species of Ebola virus, declared on 15 May, it only took 37 days to reach 250 deaths, Dr Mahamud explained, while in comparison, it took 78 days to reach that number in the 2014 and 2016 West Africa outbreak, and 130 days in the 2018-2019 outbreak.
(Ebola in DR Congo: first month of outbreak sees record number of cases)
第二の論点は、国境を越える人々の移動と、それを支える対策資金の不足です。
今回の流行地域は、人々が日常的に国境を行き来するエリアを中心に広がっています。
紛争や治安の不安定さに直面しているコミュニティにおいて、監視体制を維持することが強く求められています。
国際移住機関(IOM)とパートナー団体は、これまでに主要な移動ルートや入国地点で、100万人以上の旅行者を対象としたスクリーニングを実施しました。
しかし、今後の対策を継続するためには、財政的な課題が立ちふさがっています。
今後6ヶ月間にわたり、11カ国での国境を越えた調整や監視活動を行うためには、5,580万ドルが必要とされています。
現在、そのうち約3,500万ドルが不足しており、国際社会の迅速な資金支援が求められている状況です。
Ms. Daniels said that the outbreak is “centered on areas where people cross borders every day.” An effective response therefore requires maintaining surveillance as formal and informal cross-border movements continue, she explained, among communities affected by conflict and insecurity.
Since the start of the response, IOM and partners have screened over a million travellers “at key points of entry and along major mobility corridors”, she said.
The IOM official said that out of $55.8 million required to support cross-border coordination and surveillance across 11 countries over the next six months, a funding gap of some $35 million remains.
(Ebola in DR Congo: first month of outbreak sees record number of cases)
第三の論点は、医療体制の強化が進む一方で、現場で発生している不信感や安全上の課題です。
WHOなどの支援により、この2週間で治療用ベッドの数は大幅に増加しました。
19の保健ゾーンにおいて、ベッド数は500床以上に拡大されています。
検査体制についても、流行初期にはキンシャサで1日30件だったものが、現在はイトゥリ、北キブ、南キブにまたがる8つの分散型研究所ネットワークにより、1日2,000件以上の検査が可能となりました。
しかし、現場での支援活動は容易ではありません。
安全で尊厳ある埋葬を実施している国際赤十字・赤新月社連盟(IFRC)によると、埋葬現場においてボランティアに対する暴力が発生しています。
これは、支援活動に対する地域社会の信頼不足や、噂、誤情報が原因となっています。
関係機関は、地域コミュニティとの溝を埋めるために、不信感の解消に向けた取り組みを続けています。
The number of treatment beds has increased over the last two weeks, “going from a handful to over 500 beds across 19 health zones,” he said.
At the same time,surveillance has been scaled up, with laboratory capacity going from 30 tests a day in Kinshasa at the start of the outbreak to over 2,000 tests per day through a network of eight decentralized labs across Ituri, North Kivu and South Kivu.
Paolo Cravero, Senior Officer, Communications and Media Relations at the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), highlighted safe and dignified burials as another pillar of the response.
“Like in any crisis, any outbreak, such as Ebola, the tension tends to grow,” Mr. Cravero stressed. “And we have seen violence against our volunteers at [safe and dignified burial] sites.”
The IFRC spokesperson highlighted “a lack of trust in the response,” insisting that the organization is “working hard with communities to bridge that gap.”
“Rumour and misinformation are creating some difficulties,” he acknowledged.
(Ebola in DR Congo: first month of outbreak sees record number of cases)
今後の見通しとして、この急速な感染拡大を抑え込むためには、資金不足の速やかな解消が不可欠です。
多国籍にわたる国境監視体制の維持と、地域社会における信頼回復への取り組みが、今後の重要な注視点となります。
医療従事者の安全を確保しながら、正確な情報を届けるための支援体制の動向に、引き続き注目が集まります。
“What is needed in order for us to get ahead of the outbreak is a collective commitment to ensure that the effort is now fully resourced,” she insisted.
(Ebola in DR Congo: first month of outbreak sees record number of cases)
この記事はアーカイブです。無料会員登録で続きをお読みいただけます。
登録は無料・パスワード不要(メールに確認リンクが届きます)。登録済みの方はログイン