← 医療政策ウォッチャー 記事一覧

コンゴ民主共和国でエボラ出血熱が急速に拡大、治療体制強化も追いつかない現状と新たな治療薬の臨床試験

引用元:https://news.un.org/en/story/2026/06/1167801

引用元: https://news.un.org/en/story/2026/06/1167801


コンゴ民主共和国におけるエボラ出血熱の感染拡大について、世界保健機関、いわゆるWHOが強い懸念を示しました。

アウトブレイク発生から5週間が経過し、治療や検査の体制はかつてないスピードで強化されています。

しかし、現地の厳しい状況や治安の問題などにより、感染のペースが人道支援の速度を上回る事態が続いています。

The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) continues to spread faster than aid efforts can keep pace, despite significant gains in treatment capacity and growing community engagement, the World Health Organization (WHO) warned on Wednesday.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

WHOの事務局長は、スイスのジュネーブで行われた記者会見で、最前線の対応チームが迅速に活動していることを強調しました。

それと同時に、現場での対応は依然として非常に困難な状況にあると指摘しています。

At a media briefing in Geneva, WHODirector-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesussaidmore than a month into the outbreak, frontline responders have expanded care and testing at unprecedented speed, but conditions on the ground remain challenging.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

この1ヶ月強の間に、現地の治療能力は10床未満から、19の保健センターにおける500床以上にまで拡大しました。

さらに、検査能力についても、首都キンシャサでの1日30件から、3つの省にある9つの研究所で1日2,000件以上にまで増加しています。

In just over a month, treatment capacity has grown from fewer than 10 beds to more than 500 across 19 health centres, while laboratory testing capacity has increased from 30 daily tests in the capital Kinshasa to more than 2,000 tests each day across nine laboratories in three provinces.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

地域住民の間でも、感染を防ぐための情報や支援を求める動きが活発になっています。

早期の診断と適切な治療によって、これまでに100人以上が回復しており、生存への希望をもたらしています。

“More communities are becoming aware of the risks ofEbolaand asking for the tools and support to protect themselves,” he said.

More than 100 people have recovered so far, offering hope that early diagnosis and supportive care can save lives.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

しかし、感染拡大のスピードは非常に速く、被害はさらに広がっています。

コンゴ民主共和国では現在、1,094人の感染が確認され、277人が亡くなっています。

また、隣国のウガンダでも20人の感染と、2人の死亡が報告されています。

But the scale of need remains immense. “There are now1,094 confirmed cases, with 277 deaths,” Tedros said. “The outbreak is continuing to move fast.”

Meanwhile, neighbouring Uganda has reported 20 confirmed cases, with two confirmed deaths.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

WHOとパートナー機関は、死亡率を下げるための新たな取り組みとして、来週から現地で臨床試験を開始する準備を進めています。

この試験では、ブンディブギョウイルス病に対する効果を検証するため、MBP134とレムデシビルという2つの抗ウイルス薬が使用されます。

WHO and partners are now preparing to launch a clinical trial next week in the DRC to test whether two antiviral treatments, MBP134 and remdesivir, can reduce mortality from Bundibugyo virus disease.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

この臨床試験のプロセスについて、地域社会への説明や意見交換が積極的に行われています。

治療の効果が実証された場合には、影響を受けている人々が迅速に薬にアクセスできるようにするための計画も進められています。

Communities are being actively consulted and informed about the trial process, and plans are underway to ensure affected populations can access treatment if it proves effective.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

医療活動の現場では、支援に携わる人々が極めて高いリスクに直面しています。

フランスでは、医療NGOであるALIMAの援助活動家が、コンゴ民主共和国での治療活動から帰国した後にエボラ陽性と判定されました。

これまでに約80人の医療従事者が感染しており、最前線で働く人々への安全対策の強化が求められています。

On Wednesday, an aid worker in France with the medical NGO ALIMA tested positive for Ebola after returning from caring for patients in the DRC.

Nearly 80 health workers have been infected during the outbreak. “This case is a reminder of the risks faced by frontline responders,” Tedros said.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

現地では、接触者の追跡不足や治療センターの逼迫、安全な埋葬の困難さなど、多くの障壁が存在します。

また、国境の閉鎖や繰り返される治安悪化の事案が、医療チームのアクセスを妨げる大きな原因となっています。

こうした状況を改善するためには、人道アクセスを確保するための政治的な行動が不可欠です。

Major obstacles persist inside the affected region: contact tracing remains insufficient, treatment centres are under strain, safe and dignified burials remain difficult to carry out, border closures continue to slow operations and repeated security incidents complicate access.

Tedros stressed that political action is urgently needed to improve humanitarian access and allow health teams to reach people in affected areas.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

今回のアウトブレイクは、数十年にわたる人道危機のただ中で発生しています。

WHOとアフリカ疾病予防管理センターは、被災地および周辺国での対策を強化するため、5億1,800万ドルの共同計画を発表しました。

The outbreak is unfolding against the backdrop of what Tedros described as a decades-long humanitarian crisis.

Earlier this month, WHO and the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) launched a joint continental preparedness and response plan requesting $518 million to strengthen efforts across affected areas and neighbouring countries.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)

来週には新たな資金調達のデータが更新される予定となっています。

国際社会による支援が、現地の切実な需要に見合った規模で迅速に届くかどうかが、今後の重要な鍵となります。

With updated funding data expected next week, aid agencies hope the international response will match the urgency felt by communities still confronting one of the region’s most serious public health emergencies.

(Lives at risk in DR Congo as Ebola outbreak)


← 記事一覧へ