← 医療政策ウォッチャー 記事一覧

コンゴ民主共和国でエボラ出血熱が史上最悪の流行に、ブンディブギョ株の猛威と国際社会の緊急対応

引用元:https://news.un.org/en/story/2026/08/1168154

引用元: https://news.un.org/en/story/2026/08/1168154


導入

世界保健機関(WHO)は、コンゴ民主共和国で発生しているエボラ・ブンディブギョ株の流行が、同国史上最も多くの死者を出す深刻な事態となったことを発表しました。

現地の当局によると、これまでに2,325人が亡くなり、過去最悪だった2018年から2020年の流行時の死者数を超えたとのことです。

この感染症は非常に速いペースで拡大しており、国連をはじめとする国際社会は警戒を強めています。

The Ebola Bundibugyo outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is now the deadliest the country has ever faced, the UN’s World Health Organization (WHO) said on Monday.

According to local authorities, the disease has killed 2,325 people,surpassing the 2,299 deaths recorded in the DRC’s 2018-2020 outbreak, which was previously the country’s deadliest.

(Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history)

主要な論点・合意事項

1. 史上最悪の死者数と急速な拡大

今回の流行は5月15日に宣言され、7月後半には確定症例数が同国において過去最多となりました。

最新のデータによりますと、確認された症例数は4,945件に達しています。

現在も730人の患者が隔離または入院治療を続けており、回復した人は1,040人にとどまっています。

政府のデータでは、致死率は46パーセントにまで上昇しているとのことです。

この流行は、2014年から2016年にかけて西アフリカで発生した大規模な流行に次ぐ規模ですが、今回のブンディブギョ株はより速いペースで人々の命を奪っています。

The outbreak, declared by national authorities on 15 May, became the country’s largest in terms of total confirmed cases in late July. There are currently 4,945 confirmed cases, the latest data shows.

A total of 730 patients remain in isolation or in the hospital and 1,040 people have recovered from the disease, andthe fatality rate has risen to 46 per cent, according to Government data.

The current outbreak remains eclipsed only by West Africa’s 2014-2016Ebolaoutbreak, which saw 28,616 cases and 11,310 deaths, according toWHO, butthe Bundibugyo outbreak is taking lives at a much faster rate.

(Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history)

2. 治療法の不在と現場の課題

現在、このブンディブギョ株に対して承認された治療法は存在していません。

そのため、イギリスやカナダにおいてワクチンの臨床試験が急ピッチで進められています。

しかし、現地では保健インフラが十分に整っていないという深刻な課題があります。

さらに、流行の中心地で続いている紛争や、医療当局に対する住民の不信感が、支援活動の大きな妨げとなっています。

WHOは、感染の拡大スピードが対応チームの活動を追い越していると強い懸念を示しています。

Vaccine trials are underway in the UK and Canada as the Bundibugyo strain has no approved treatment.

Inadequate health infrastructure, ongoing conflict at the epicentre of the outbreak and distrust of medical authorities have all hindered efforts to help asWHO warns the outbreak is “outpacing the response.”

(Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history)

3. 隣国への波及防止と国際社会の対応

国連とそのグローバルヘルスパートナーは、南スーダンや中央アフリカ共和国などの近隣国への感染拡大を防ぐために全力を尽くしています。

WHOとアフリカ疾病対策予防センター(Africa CDC)は6月初旬に共同の対応計画を立ち上げ、検査体制や感染管理の強化を進めています。

国連人道問題調整事務所(OCHA)は、コンゴ民主共和国での対応加速と近隣国の備えのために5,450万ドルを割り当てました。

中央アフリカ共和国では、国連平和維持活動(MINUSCA)が技術支援や物資の輸送を担い、現地の当局をサポートしています。

Neighbors on high alert

The UN and its global health partners are working to prevent the spread of Ebola to neighboring countries such as South Sudan and the Central African Republic.

In early June, WHO and the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Preventionlaunched a response planto improve emergency coordination, disease surveillance, laboratory testing, infection prevention and control, clinical care, community engagement, research, logistics, and support for essential health services across the continent.

The UN’s humanitarian aid office,OCHA,has allocated $54.5 millionto accelerate the response in the DRC, help prepare neighboring countries for the disease’s possible spread and work with local communities to build trust in the public health response.

In the Central African Republic, the UN’s peacekeeping mission,MINUSCA, is working with multiple UN agencies to assist local authorities with technical assistance, surveillance and preparedness measures, communication and community awareness activities, as well as capacity building, UN Spokesperson Stéphane Dujarric told reporters on Monday.

“Our peacekeeping colleagues in the country have been providing technical and logistical assistance, including the transportation of health expertsthroughout the CAR and the delivery of essential equipment and supplies,” Mr. Dujarric said.

(Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history)

結び

WHOは、感染拡大を3ヶ月以内に抑え込むという目標を掲げ、あらゆる分野での対応を大幅に強化しています。

先週金曜日には、中央アフリカ共和国、コンゴ民主共和国、コンゴ共和国、南スーダン、ウガンダの5カ国の代表者が集まり、監視体制の強化やパンデミックへの備えで協力することに合意しました。

この危機を乗り越え、多くの命を救うためには、安全なアクセスと十分な活動資金の確保が今後の極めて重要な鍵となります。

‘Major scale-up’ underway

WHO spokesperson Tarik Jašarević toldUN Newsthe agency has initiated a “major scale-up in every aspect of the response” to Ebola.

On Friday, WHOconvened a meetingin Bangui between representatives from the Central African Republic, DRC, Republic of the Congo, South Sudan and Uganda.

The countries agreed to strengthen cooperation in disease surveillance and pandemic preparedness.

WHO said last week that it hopes toreverse the fast-moving spread of Ebola within three monthsby bringing transmission under control.

The agency said support is still needed “for all areas of the response.”

“Responders need safe access to communities, and the resources to end this outbreak and save lives,” WHO said.

(Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history)


← 記事一覧へ