← 医療政策ウォッチャー 記事一覧

コンゴ民主共和国等のエボラ出血熱アウトブレイク:WHOが緊急事態を宣言、パンデミック指定は見送り

引用元:https://news.un.org/en/story/2026/05/1167553

引用元: https://news.un.org/en/story/2026/05/1167553


世界保健機関、WHOのテドロス事務局長は、コンゴ民主共和国とウガンダで発生しているエボラ出血熱のアウトブレイクに関する最新の状況を報告しました。

今回の事態は、地域的および国家的なレベルでのリスクは高いものの、世界的なパンデミックの緊急事態には該当しないとの見解を示しています。

WHO緊急委員会はジュネーブで会議を開き、最新の状況を分析しました。

その結果、このアウトブレイクが国際的に懸念される公衆衛生上の緊急事態であると確認しました。

一方で、パンデミックの緊急事態ではないという評価を下しています。

The deadly Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Uganda does not represent a global pandemic emergency, although the risk is high at a regional and national level, the UN health agency chief said on Wednesday. Wednesday’s briefing followed a meeting of the WHO Emergency Committee ‌on Tuesday in Geneva which confirmed that the Ebola outbreak is a public health emergency of international concern but not a pandemic emergency.

(Ebola risk is high: WHO)

続いて、今回の発表における重要なポイントを3点お伝えします。

第一のポイントは、感染状況の拡大と対応手段の欠如です。

コンゴ民主共和国東部では、数十の確認症例が報告されています。

それに加えて、およそ600のエボラ・ブンディブギョウイルスの疑い症例が報告されました。

さらに、139の疑い死亡例が存在しています。

ウイルスが検出される前から循環していた期間を考慮すると、今後もこの数は増加すると予想されています。

ウガンダの首都カンパラにおきましても、2例の確認症例が報告されました。

今回検出されたウイルスは非常に稀であり、2007年以来の確認となります。

現在、このウイルスに対するワクチンや治療薬は存在していません。

WHOのチームは、震源地であるイトゥリ州のコミュニティリーダーと協力し、感染拡大の防止に努めています。

In an update on the fast-developing situation in eastern DRC, World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that beyond the several dozen confirmed cases of infection, there arealmost 600 suspected cases ofEbolaBundibugyo virus and 139 suspected deaths. “We expect those numbers to keep increasing, given the amount of time the virus was circulating before the outbreak was detected,” the WHO Director-General told journalists in Geneva. Uganda reported two confirmed cases of Ebola in Uganda’s capital, Kampala, he added. In the absence of any vaccine or therapeutics for the virus - which Tedros stressed is extremely rare and was last detected in 2007 - WHO teams are already working with community leaders in the epicentre province, Ituri, to help prevent wider transmission.

(Ebola risk is high: WHO)

第二のポイントは、現地における監視体制と人道危機の課題です。

コンゴ民主共和国東部では、長年にわたる暴力行為が住民の慢性的な脆弱性をもたらしています。

影響を受けているイトゥリ州や北キブ州では、200万人以上が国内避難民となっている状況です。

治安の悪化により、医療従事者も不安に巻き込まれています。

地域社会からの信頼できる報告や、医療施設の稼働が困難な状態です。

遠隔地や治安の悪い地域では、症例の認識に時間がかかってしまいます。

実際に今回のウイルス特定にあたっては、検体を首都キンシャサまでおよそ1,700キロメートル輸送する必要がありました。

WHOは事態を把握後、迅速にコンゴ民主共和国への支援を開始しています。

Decades of violence in mineral-rich eastern DR Congo have contributed to chronic vulnerability among the population, including healthcare workers caught up in ongoing insecurity. According to the UN refugee agency,UNHCR, there aremore than two million people internally displacedin the affected provinces of Ituri and North Kivu... “In remote or insecure areas, it can take time for cases to be recognised,” he said, pointing out that Ebola Bundibugyo virus was only identified after samples were transported some 1,700 kilometres (1,056 miles) across the country to the capital, Kinshasa. “As soon as WHO was aware of the [threat], support was provided to DR Congo to investigate as quickly as possible. And this ended up with the confirmation late last week,” stressed Dr Anais Legand, WHO Technical Officer for Viral Haemorrhagic Fevers.

(Ebola risk is high: WHO)

第三のポイントは、ウイルスの感染経路に関する特性と渡航制限への見解です。

WHO緊急委員会の委員長は、エボラ出血熱の感染経路について説明しました。

感染者の血液や体液との直接接触によって感染が広がると強調しています。

空気感染や日常的な接触による感染ではないため、国際保健規則に基づく渡航制限は支持されないと主張しました。

テドロス事務局長は日曜日、同規則第12条に基づいて緊急事態を宣言しました。

このアウトブレイクを、国際的に懸念される公衆衛生上の緊急事態として正式に位置づけています。

Chair of the panel, Prof Lucille H Blumberg, stressed that Ebola transmission is through direct contact with blood and body fluids of an infected person... “So,it's not casual contact, it's not airborne. I think we need to be aware of that. And this relates to travel restrictions, which are not supported under the [International Health Regulations]IHRrecommendations,” she insisted. It was in accordance with IHR Article 12 that Tedros on Sunday declared a public health emergency of international concern over the Ebola outbreak.

(Ebola risk is high: WHO)

最後に、今後の見通しと注視すべき点についてお伝えします。

WHOは現在、ウイルスの感染連鎖を断つことを最優先課題としています。

発生時期や場所の特定に向けた調査が、継続して行われています。

アウトブレイクの規模から、感染は数ヶ月前に始まっていた可能性があると考えられています。

事態をコントロールするためには、進行中の人道危機や治安上の課題を乗り越える必要があります。

人口の移動が激しく、国境に近いという地理的条件も対応を難しくしています。

そのため、資源の投入や追加の人員確保が急務となっています。

また、対策のための研究開発や、接触者の特定を含む監視体制の強化が強く求められています。

“Investigations are ongoing to ascertain when and where exactly this outbreak started. Given the scale, we are thinking that it started probably a couple of months ago, but investigations are ongoing and our priority is really to cut the transmission chain.” Prof Blumbert underlined the challenges of bringing the outbreak under control given the ongoing humanitarian crisis, security challenges, the highly mobile population, and close proximity to many borders. “Resources, additional people…research and development of countermeasures [are] urgently required,” she insisted, including intensified surveillance and identification of potential contacts.

(Ebola risk is high: WHO)


← 記事一覧へ